Paddle Boarding Overtakes Denver
Sure, we know that Denver is famous for our ski and snowboarding backyard. But more than ever a new sport is winning the hearts of Denver Residents. That sport is Paddle Boarding.
It doesn’t take much to understand why. With 300+ days of sunshine and a huge number of local and mountain lakes, streams, and rivers to choose from Paddle Boarding is a sport on the water that offers a great workout and beautiful views. Even though many think of Paddle Boarding as an ocean lifestyle activity, our calm lake waters can make for the perfect water outing.
There’s even a huge group of folks who enjoy SUP (Stand Up Paddle Boarding) Yoga. If you thought your core got a workout doing regular Yoga just try and add balancing on water to the equation.
Add one more reason to the lengthy reason why Denver is an amazing place to live.
Here is our Stand Up Paddle Boarding Quick Start Guide. Enjoy
SUP Meetups / Groups
- Colorado River Surfing Association
- Colorado SUP Racing
- Colorado Stand Up Paddle
- South Denver SUP Fitness Fanatics
- SUP Colorado Stand Up Paddle: Denver Metro / Boulder
- What’s SUP Yogis
Companies for Paddle Boarding in Colorado
- Altitude Paddle Boards – Littleton
- Confluence Kayaks – Denver
- Evergreen Lake House / Evergreen Paddle Company – Evergreen (Previously Denver Paddle Company from Video)
- Mountain Whitewater Descents – Fort Collins
- Renaissance Adventure Guides – Denver / Boulder
- Rocky Mountain Paddleboard – Boulder / Longmont
- Surf’SUP Colorado – Morrison
Places to Paddle Board from Denver
- Aurora Reservoir – Aurora
- Bear Creek Reservoir – Lakewood
- Boulder Reservoir – Boulder
- Dillon Reservoir – Dillon
- Gravel Pond at Chatfield Reservoir – Littleton
- Horse Tooth Reservoir – Fort Collins
- South Platte – Denver
- Union Reservoir – Longmont
Did we miss one, let us know in the comments what your favorite spot is.
Great article on Denver’s SUP scene. Including links to meetups and groups was a really good idea…
I actually just finished up a 50-page Colorado paddling guide, Denver is covered as well as some other fun SUP spots in the state. Here’s the link, I think it would make a nice add-on resource to your great article on Denver’s scene:
Keep up the great work, and happy paddling.