Get ready for Summer Music Magic Denver, as the Denver Botanic Gardens just released their 2014 Summer Concert Series Schedule.
First, for our clients and friends who haven’t been before we have to share why we LOVE going to the Denver Botanic Gardens Concert Series. The venue is, as the name implies, the beautiful Denver Botanic Gardens. The stage is a small intimate setting with banking hills that quickly (and I do mean quickly, more on that later) fill with happy Denver Urbanites eating, sipping beverages, and relaxing on soft blankets or low (For the benefit of all very LOW) yard chairs.
It is SO MUCH FUN! Even the seats in the back row are so close you can see every expression and heartfelt emotion on the artists face. Every year the Denver Botanic Gardens team does an incredible job lining up a showcase of talented musicians. 2014 looks to be an epic year.
The 2014 Denver Botanic Gardens Concert Lineup
- Tuesday June 24th: Mark Cohn and Mavis Staples
- Wednesday June 25th: Natalie Cole
- Thursday July 10th: Joan Baez
- Sunday July 27th: Steep Canyon Rangers and Head for the Hills
- Monday July 28th: Jimmy Cliff
- Friday August 1st: Barenaked Ladies
- Monday August 11th: B.B. King
- Tuesday August 12th: Joh Hiatt & The Combo and the Taj Mahal Trio
- Wednesday August 13th: Sheryl Crow
- Tuesday August 19th: The Gipsy Kings
- Wednesday September 3rd: Martin Sexton
- Saturday September 6th: St. Vincent
Denver Botanic Garden Tips
There are, of course a few tips I can share with you if it is your first Denver Botanic Event…
- Become a member! The tickets go fast and members get an early opportunity for tickets. See the 2014 Denver Botanic Garden Purchase by Level Schedule here.
- Become a member! Because even without the concert series the gardens are amazing to visit year round
- Go EARLY and get in line. I personally hate that some people race through the gate, it tends to go against the whole zen garden experience we all hope to enjoy. There are more than enough good seats to go around (which is why tickets are limited). Still, don’t wait until the last minute either because it is nice to get a spot you will enjoy.
- Be courteous of your fellow concert goers. Don’t take a HUGE blanket with enough space to do Vinyasa Yoga, host a buffet line, and then take a nap. Take only the space you truly need and work with everyone to make it a relaxed and friendly event.
- Don’t even try to take a video, photo or audio recording of the event. It is prohibited, and why spend your time looking through a lens. Enjoy the moment.
- Make a feast. We have so much fun planning our menu and sharing with friends. Sometimes you even make new friends and do some sharing, so bring extra. Plus I’m a foodie, this is a chance to share my love of food.
- Bring wine stands and plastic glasses. People don’t think about it until they get to the show but you are probably going to be on an incline. Take those wine holders that slip into the ground to keep your wine glasses secure and please enjoy the freedom of NOT worrying about broken glass. Get a wine bottle sleeve to play it safe if you take in a bottle (or two).
- Bring a blanket and perhaps a tarp in case the grass is wet.
- Clean up after yourself and don’t forget to bring a trash bag so you can collect items as you go. Ditto for some paper towels and maybe some sanitary wipes.
- If you are sensitive to the sun cover up with clothing and a hat please. Nothing is worse than having a spot and then the person in front of you tries to put up an umbrella in your view. There are better ways to cover up that will be courteous to your fellow concert goers.
- Wear sunscreen.
- Plan for a rain shower with a poncho or some other choices to keep your dry if mother nature throws a curve ball
- Remember to do unto others as you would like others to do unto you
- Have fun and enjoy the beauty of living in Denver.
Visit http://concerts.botanicgardens.org/ for the above site and concert information.
Denver Urban Real Estate Tools for Garden Lovers
We love to encourage sustainable living in Denver and the great lifestyle our city offers. So we created these tools for you.
- Find a home near one of Denver’s Community Gardens with this tool.
- Find a home near the Denver Botanic Gardens